photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, January 5, 2012

My first blog post!!!

I've been reading other people's blogs for years now so I can hardly believe that I now have my very own!!!  This is one of the signs that I'm quickly outgrowing my 20's.  I don't know how good I'll be at this blogging thing but I figured I'd give it a shot. 
I'll start at the beginning of my happily ever after.....
My world changed for the better in March 2007.  The man I now call my husband came back into my life!  I'd been living in Houston for 3 years working as a pediatric oncology nurse.  I had a fun filled single life with a great group of girlfriends.  Imagine lots of Grey's Anatomy, The Bachelorette and wine bars.  And then one night out of the blue I get a phone call from an old college friend, Gordon, who just happened to be in town for an engagement party....WELL, the rest is history. 
Gordon and I met in August 2000 right before our freshman year of college started (girls pref night during Rush to be exact).  He was different than your typical frat guy and we quickly became good friends.  Even at 18 he seemed so responsible (a quality I immediately fell in love with at 25).  He was always there to help me out.  We had a great friendship our first two years at Tech but eventually lost touch.  I thank God everyday for bringing him back into my life. Back to March 2007....Gordon graduated from Tech that following May and moved to Austin where he had already accepted a job.  After a year of long distance he made the move to Houston!!  We got engaged on New Year's 2010 and married in September 2010.  We also bought our first home in 2010.  It was such a fun filled year with great memories. 
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from 2010.









After our wedding weekend we headed to Maui for a romantic and relaxing honeymoon. 





Our first year of marriage came with several changes.  We both got new jobs!!  We are both so blessed to be at these fabulous new companies.  I am still a pediatric oncology nurse but at a different hospital with better hours (no weekends or holidays!  YIPPEE).  Gordon moved back to the company he originally worked at when he moved to Houston in 2008.  Our busy work schedules didn't slow us down at all!  We managed to find plenty of time for lots of date nights, 10 year reunions, traveling and many weddings, birthdays and babyshowers. 

 Our first Christmas at our house before heading to Midland


Wine tasting at Brennan's on the Bayou
                                                             



Gooding Family Vacation at Rosemary Beach
                                                           

 Labor Day weekend with my family at PK Lake
                                                         

Well, that's it for now folks.  Next up...our one year anniversary and yummy wedding cake surprise!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...