photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Monday, March 16, 2015

My Reading List

Although my reading has slowed down a bit since the fall.....I've still managed to read a book every 1-2 months.  I think I've made this comment before, I guess I'll make it again, I think reading makes me a better, more well rounded person.  Doing something I enjoy makes me a better mom and wife.  Reading books makes me think outside of my "little box" of suburbia life, taking care of kids with cancer, all while being a full time mommy and wife who cooks a home cooked meal 5 nights a week, does 95% of the laundry, hits the gym 3 times a week (and doesn't have a maid!).  It's a good way to open my mind and it gives me some much needed down time.    

Here are a few books I recommend reading!  When I did my last book post here I had just started reading The Secret Keeper.  I finished it around Christmas time.  I can't say enough how great this book was.    



The Secret Keeper-  This book had the sweetest ending!  The last 200 pages were so easy to read because I could hardly wait to see what was going to happen.  A unique love story with an important reminder to always be honest and kind to others.  You just never know what's going on behind closed doors.

The Glass Castle-  I read this one for a book club.  I doubt it would have ever been on my reading list otherwise.  Although some of it was hard for me to read (it's a memoir), I'm glad I did.  It amazes me how people can think so differently.  The best part of this book is the determination and dedication the siblings have.  The unconditional love in the family despite their many flaws is remarkable.  This book proves that just because you have nothing, are given nothing, are rarely supported, and are dirt poor....you can still succeed!!  If you think you have it rough just pick up this book.  I'm 90% sure you'll change your mind.

Looking For Alaska-  This one was a tear jerk-er.  Reading this book made me see through the eyes of a teenager again.  Makes me a little nervous to one day raise one!  I do love that one of the main characters of the book finally "found his place" when he moved off to boarding school.  Everyone deserves to feel loved and like their friendship is valuable.

Unbroken-  I just recently started this book and have really enjoyed it so far.  As you probably know, it is now a movie (released on Christmas).  I love that it's based on a true story.  I love that Louis Zamperini started off as a troubled young boy and ended up finding his passion, running.  It made him productive, happy and an Olympic athlete.  I love that he trained in Midland, Texas for the Army Air Corps flight school.  I love being excited about a new book. :)  I'll be really excited to finish reading it so we can watch it on the big screen.

Cheers to nap time.....when reading gets done!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...