photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Monday, July 15, 2013

The Ten Commandments

This past Sunday morning we packed up our stuff, after eating Gordon's yummy French toast, and made our way to church.  Obviously, going to church is much trickier with the little man....but isn't everything with a baby?!?!  We try to make it a priority in our life because there is only one person to thank for everything we have.  God.  With everything that's going on in America today, going to church helps me remember what really matters and what my family lives by....The Ten Commandments. 
I am the Lord thy God. Thou shalt have no other God before me.
Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing in heaven above, or things which are in the earth beneath.
Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.
Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Honor thy father and thy mother, that thy days may be long upon the land which the Lord thy God giveth thee.
Thou shalt not kill.
Thou shalt not commit adultery.
Thou shalt not steal.
Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbor.
Thou shalt not covet.



Raising a child has put the world into a whole new perspective for me.  I hope to be William's parent before I'm his friend.  To guide him, teach him right from wrong, and explain/show him that there are consequence to his actions.  Though it will be hard, I will try my best to not make excuses for William and to always hold him accountable.  We want William to be kind and understand that you are rewarded in countless ways when you are kind and honest.  I know we have many hard times ahead of us.  That's why I try to soak up all the belly laughs from him that I can.  William's going to make mistakes and so are we.  But, I hope he will always come back to a solid foundation that I've found so helpful throughout my life.  Church and God. 
Over the years my brother and I made many mistakes (sorry mom and dad for all the headaches).  I'll admit I had some fun (aka immature) years in my early twenties and I let people into my life that did not make me a better person.  (they did teach me some life long lessons at least)  There were many times I felt so confused about where my life was going and where I belonged.  I don't know if this makes any senses but....I knew what I wanted I just couldn't get to it.  Luckily, Gordon came along.  :)  He is my angel.  Slowly but surely, he put my life back on track.  With a little growing up and supportive parents everything fell into place perfectly. 
At the end of the day I married a man that goes to church with me (he's even Catholic like me), who has always been loyal to me, has never questioned if he'd pass or fail a drug test (haha....yes, I dated some winners), that's honest, hardworking, is an excellent daddy, is kind to his friends and family and he loves me for me!  I'm a lucky girl that has so much to be grateful for.   
I know William will get "off track" at some point in his life.  He may make many of the mistakes I did.  To an extent, that's life.  We can only pray that he remembers right from wrong and he too remembers The Ten Commandments. 

11 months post baptism :)

He used all his energy at church....passed out at Home Depot
This picture says it all.  He makes me a better person.  He's my everything.  Thanks G for being you!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...