photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Birthday in Breckenridge

If you know me fairly well you know I had two pretty strong opinions before becoming a mommy.  #1 you can’t forget about your husband after your baby is born (he is the reason you have that baby after all)   #2  you should leave your baby every once in a while so you can spend quality time with your significant other.  With that being said.....if you know me post baby you know that I’ve never spent a night away from baby boy……UNTIL NOW!  Don’t get me wrong, I’m still a strong believer of #1 and #2.  But, sometimes it’s hard to get away.  Gordon and I do have date night at least once a month but until now leaving William for an extended period of time didn’t feel right.  The first 18 months of William's life he was nursing (I was pumping) and he didn't sleep well through the night (at least not consistently).  I knew I wanted our first vacation to be as relaxing and fun as possible (and that does not include stopping everything to pump every 4 hours). 
As the holidays wrapped up, the house started coming together, and William started sleeping like a champ Gordon and I decided what better time to take a vacation together than now!  AND, to make it even more fun we’d be going during my birthday weekend.  My parents had seen William the weekend before and they had a trip of their own planned to Las Vegas so the lucky winner of a weekend with William was Gordon's parents.   

I was of course anxious about being away from William for four days but knew he was in great hands.  I’m pretty sure that time apart is harder on the parents than the kiddo!  When Gordon and I got into the car to head to the airport he told me he was proud of me (for leaving the house without crying)….I immediately burst into tears but recovered fairly quickly.   

Colorado was beautiful (and a little cold at only 5 degrees on arrival)!  Before heading to Breckenridge we drove into downtown Denver for lunch at Rock Bottom Brewery (recommended by a sweet friend).  It was the perfect way to start our trip.  Delicious food, fun environment and yummy drinks.  Once we got into Breckenridge we valeted our car and didn’t get it out again until Sunday morning.  I love being able to walk everywhere I need to go!  Since sleeping in was on the top of our list of “things to do” we skied half days on Friday and Saturday.  It worked out perfectly!  We got lot of rest, watched a few movies, had lots of relaxing dinners and what's better than skipping the gym and hitting the slopes?!?!?



  • Taking a "selfie" before hitting the slopes
  • All bundled up!  Not an inch of skin showing.
  • On top of Peak 9
  • Ready to get back out there after a hot chocolate break
  • Heading out for my birthday dinner
  • Picture perfect scenery for my 32nd birthday!
Gordon and I had a blast skiing!  We hadn't been in six years so I was a little nervous about severely hurting myself..  haha.  Luckily, we both did great and even managed to stay warm in the cold temperatures.  Breckenridge got a record amount of snow while we were in town.  It literally snowed the entire time we were there.  SO PRETTY!



  • Thankful for my Hunter rainboots from my mom and dad!
  • Yummy dinner and organic margarita at Mi Casa (check it out if you're in the area!)
  • Baby it's cold outside
  • Breakfast at the cutest bakery, La Francaise, on Saturday morning.
  • It doesn't get much better than this.  Heaven on Earth.
  • Beer tasting!
  • So peaceful and pretty

Although leaving William was hard and I missed him like crazy, I am so glad we took this trip.  I am refreshed, rested and rejuvenated.  It has made me appreciate the little things with baby boy even more and it was so nice to have so much time with Gordon.  We can hardly wait to take William back when he turns four for his first ski lesson.  You better believe I will take 1,000 pictures during that vacation because those little snow bunnies are the CUTEST. THINGS. EVER. 
Sleepy boy trying on his new shirt!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...