photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Sunday, May 27, 2012

My Dream Nursery for WJG

I've been decorating my baby's nursery in my head for AT LEAST the last ten years!  HaHa.  When we found out I was pregnant back in October it was the first thing I started thinking about.  I can't tell you how many blogs I looked at for ideas!  If we had a girl I wanted the nursery to have an iron crib with a mirror dresser as the changing table and lavender and creams for the colors.  For a boy I wanted a cow hide rug with lots of browns and creams with a pop of blue.  Either way I didn't want a baby baby room.  Does that make sense?!?!  I wanted him or her to be able to grow with the room and for the furniture to work in the room for years to come (or be able to go in another room in our home).
I am so lucky to have a great mother in law that just happens to be a fabulous interior decorator that helped me create the perfect room for our baby boy!  When I was 19 weeks pregnant I went to market in Dallas with Jackie to do some baby room shopping.  We had a ton of fun shopping all day and eating out at night.  I've never walked so much in my life! 
Sooo, here it is....William James' nursery.  I love everything about it! 

I ordered the moroccan pouf online, the chair is from
Le Be Be in Midland, the giraffe picture is from
a store in Texarkana, and the W pillow Pottery Barn

Crib by Bratt Decor
I had sent Jackie a million emails with rooms I liked before we got to Dallas. The first thing we       bought was the giraffe rug. Things just kind of fell into place after that. We found the crib, bedding,dresser/changing table, end table (that's next to the rocking chair), letters above his bed, and the two pictures above his changing table at market. One of my favorite things in the nursery are the curtains! One of Jackie's friends in Texarkana did them. They are so unique and ohhhh so cute!  His glider is super soft and so comfy. I never thought I'd ask for a rocking chair on my 30th birthday.  My oh my how things sure do change when you have a baby!  Life is never the same...it's a million times better!
"King of the Jungle" from Le Be Be in Midland
I love the books and mini globe!  I had a lot of fun
finding all of the stuff for the bookcase.


I love Pottery Barn Kids!

You can find the EVERYDAY I  LOVE YOU
at Chasing Fireflies
I looked everywhere for the W (it has a map on it)!
Finally found it at Urban Outfitters
The baby elephant is from Jamaica!

Letters from Doodles and animals from Melissa & Doug.
The egg changes colors with the room temperature
so we can tell at a glace if it's too hot or cold.

LOVE this lamp!!!

Giraffe from Pier One
Thanks Granmama J and Nana for giving this sweet boy the most heavenly nursery! The three of us are so lucky to have those two lovely ladies.

The decorator Granmama J

Love this little guy to the moon and back!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...