photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Getting Ready For Christmas

The days and weeks leading up to Christmas were so much fun!  I said this last year and I'll say it again.....things sparkle more with William around.  The excitement he has over the simplest things (like turning the lights on the Christmas tree) makes me smile from ear to ear and fills my heart with so much happiness and joy.  If we could bottle up a baby's happiness and laughter the world would be a better place!   
I did a blog post last year for TCH about our family traditions.  I'm happy to say we were able to do all the things we wanted this year (even with our crazy house stuff).  I had to decorate the tree by myself since poor Gordon had strep throat and an upper respiratory infection.  So, I poured myself a glass of wine, listened to some Johnny Mathis Christmas music on Pandora and decorated away.  While doing that, my mind wondered back to my childhood.  I can still remember making strands of cranberries and popcorn over at my grandma Morrow's house.  Hopefully we can add that tradition to our list when William gets older!!        


William loves his Elf on the Shelf!  Every evening when we got home he wanted to go look at his Elf and give him a kiss. 


Gordon and I had our 2nd annual movie date/Christmas shopping night out.  We started this new tradition last year and it's so much fun!  This year we went to a fun movie theatre/bowling alley/bar/arcade to see The Hunger Games 2 (which I loved, loved, loved).  Afterwards we headed to Target to get baby boy some Christmas gifts!  I love everything about this night with Gordon.  :)


  • Climbing up the stairs like a big boy.
  • Reading in some of his Christmas jammies!
  • Reading with his daddy.
  • William loved playing with the presents under the tree.
  • Giving his favorite ornament a kiss.  He never messed with any of the other ornaments....shocking.  I'm sure next year will be a different story. 
  • He even liked reading The Elf On The Shelf book.
  • Some of William's Christmas books and toys.
  • Such a cutie!
This past month has been so much fun.  Next Christmas has a lot to live up to!!

Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...