photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Wonderful Wednesday Week 1 & 2



I'm really hoping to get back into my "Wonderful Wednesday" weekly routine.  Not that anyone (besides my immediate family) really cares what I'm up to on a random Wednesday each week.....I just like to look back and remember what William, Gordon and I were up to.  The days fly by quicker than I'd like.  This blog is what helps me remember all the little things.  Did you know you have less than 940 weeks with your child before they head off to college.  Soak it up folks.  Time doesn't slow down.  It just goes by faster and faster.      

WEEK 1:

It's 2014!  The number 13 and 14 are my "lucky" numbers.  I tend to like even numbers better than odd so 2014 is bound to be awesome, right?  NYE we started a new tradition in our house.  Home made pizza making.  YUM.  This is our first year in SIX years to not go to Sonoma Wine Bar for dinner.  Everything changes.  {And that's usually a good thing}.  Since Gordon was still recovering from the flu we were all in bed by 9pm! 
The next day we had a few friends over to watch football and celebrate the new year.  We had some yummy prime rib, sweet potato casserole and I even made some homemade black eyed peas for good luck (I love our crock pot and must start using it more often!).  All the kids had a blast playing together and the dads loved watching the game on the new BIG screen TV.   



























WEEK 2:

This momma went shopping, got her nails done and had a lunch date with the daddy.  I love having productive mornings out and about alone every once in a while.  I read a great quote by Max Lucado while I was getting my nails done that I loved.  "When you are in the final days of your life, what will you want?  Will you hug that college degree in the walnut frame?  Will you ask to be carried to the garage so you can sit in your car?  Will you find comfort in rereading your financial statement?  Of course not.  What will matter then will be people.  If relationships will matter most them, shouldn't they matter most now? -Max Lucado 
That weekend we tried out a new church, a couple new restaurants, and went on a movie date while Grant and Emily babysat baby boy.  We are still trying to get more familiar with Katy.  There's a ton we miss about the city but we are slowly finding some new favorites out here in the burbs!!!  Moving is proving to be one of the best decisions we could've made for our family of 3.   





- cleaning closets, trying on clothes and giving the lion a kiss - wish I had those lashes - ice cream face! - trying on Daddy's boots - River Oaks shopping trip - we are ready for Spring! -


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...