photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, August 14, 2014

Perspective

I've been wanting to do a post about this for a while.  If you read my blog you know I work with children with cancer.  I have for 10 years.  Nobody thought I'd last this long because IT. IS. A. HARD. JOB.  But, it's the most rewarding one too.  I wouldn't trade a single moment.  Every tear that I've shed is a precious memory that I hold close to my heart.  The only people that really get it are the ladies that have worked beside me for all these years.  They are my best friends.

By writing this post I hope more people will watch this You Tube trailer of Until 20.  It was a pleasure to know this young man.  I wish there were more people in this world with his upbeat spirit and kind heart.  I read blog post, after blog post about how to be a better mom or how to not give up when the daily grind of mommyhood are getting to you.  This video puts me in my place.  It gives me perspective.  The articles I read are nice...but this folks is the real deal.  A toddler tantrum can be trying but nothing compares to watching your child fight for their life.  All I can do is be so very thankful for my family's good health.  It's a prayer I say 1,000 times a day.  This young man was dying and yet he was so thankful for the 8 years of life he got to live after being diagnosed with osteosarcoma.

Every person/family has their own unique struggles.  When I'm having a tough day I try to put it all into perspective.  Sometimes I sit down and watch videos like this.  It'll make you hug your baby and any other loved ones a little tighter.
 





post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...