photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Saturday, May 30, 2015

19 weeks preggo

How far along? 19 weeks
Maternity clothes? Still just jeans and tank tops (I love how long they are).
Best moment this week: Getting to see baby girl wiggle around on the big screen.
Movement: Feeling her move all the time.  I'm starting to think she's going to be our "wild" child.  She already seems to have a lot of energy!  During the anatomy scan the doctor said, "This baby's spinning around like a top."  She wasn't very cooperative!  
Food cravings: Carbs, carbs, carbs
Anything making you queasy or sick: Headache and tired on Thursday.  Our upcoming vacation was just what I needed 
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody? Excited for our trip to the beach but super busy!  Got my nails done and went to Ruth Chris for APHON dinner on Wednesday night.  
Looking forward to:  The beach!
Doctor Appointments:  We had the anatomy scan with Dr. Carpenter (maternal fetal medicine doctor) on Friday, 5/8.  Baby girl looked good (and he confirmed that the blood test was right....she is a girl!).  There was no cleft lip noted, her body measured right on time with my last menstrual cycle (due date September 25th) and her heart looked good.  She does have an echogenic focus, white calcium spot on heart, (which is considered a "soft" marker for downs).  The genetic test that we had done at 12 weeks came back good so most likely this is absolutely nothing to worry about.  I'll be following up with the MFM doctor at least every 4 weeks as well as my OB, so we have lots of opportunities to continue to monitor baby girl.  My uterus is still separated by the septum.  It's the first thing Dr. Carpenter noticed when he started the scanning.  We knew that the surgery I had wouldn't completely fix the issue.....it'll be interesting to see how long I carry this baby girl compared to William.  
Baby is the size of a heirloom tomato.
 I was alone in this picture because of this....

.....we should really do these pictures before bedtime!


Anatomy Scan Time
Working in the medical field I see all kinds of crazy things.  It definitely adds to my pregnancy anxiety.  Getting good news at the anatomy scan is such a blessing from above.  I consider this and making it to 26 weeks two of my biggest hurdles.  One down, one to go.  :)
  
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...