photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Things That Matter

In honor of Carrie Underwood tickets going on sale tomorrow (you can count on me being at her concert here in Houston in April) I thought I'd post the lyrics to one of my favorite songs So Small.  It is the perfect song for this post.

Being a mama can be hard.  Having a newborn baby can be hard.  Keeping up with the house work can be hard.  Being a good wife can be hard.  Thinking about going back to work and leaving your precious new baby with strangers is really hard.  Working with children that have cancer is hard.  Life is hard.  With post pregnancy hormones raging through me and all of these things I've listed above I'll admit I cry once a week (I'm 100% sure this is normal).  Sometimes it's when I hear a sad song, watch an episode of Grey's Anatomy or because I'm just plain tired.  But here is what I always come back to..... 

It's so easy to get lost inside
A problem that seems so big at the time
It's like a river that's so wide it swallows you whole
While you're sitting around thinking about what you can't change
And worrying about all the wrong things
Time's flying by, moving so fast
You better make it count 'cause you can't get it back

Sometimes that mountain you've been climbing
Is just a grain of sand
And what you've been out there searching for forever
Is in your hands
Oh, and when you figure out love is all that matters after all
It sure makes everything else seem
So small

Time does fly right by.  Life is hard, but it is so worth all the sweat and tears.  When I take a step back I can clearly see that all the things that build up and make me anxious....they aren't mountains.  They are just grains of sand.  I have the life I've always dreamed of.  God has given me the most precious babies and a husband with the best heart.  I am forever grateful for these things.  Here are a few pictures that capture my life, at this moment, perfectly.  

The cutest little love bug I've ever seen.  So very blessed.

These two have my heart.

I read so many blogs about women struggling with anxiety and the pressures of being the perfect mom.  So, if you're reading this, remember to go easy on yourself.  You are doing a great job!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...