photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Sunday, July 29, 2012

Rosemary Beach

Last weekend we packed up and flew to Florida for our yearly Gooding family vacation in Rosemary Beach, Florida.  I remember being there last year wondering if I'd be pregnant the next time we were there.  I don't think I ever imagined we'd be back with our 3 month old baby!!! 
William was a wonderful traveler!  He slept the entire flight there and back.  I had to force feed him before we landed both times so his ears wouldn't hurt so bad.  Checking in at Hobby was a bit of a nightmare.  I have never seen the line out the door like it was that morning.  I nearly cried when we walked in because I knew we still had to get through security, find the family restroom for me to pump, check the stroller and board the plane.  Needless to say, we made it!!!   

First plane ride!
We weren't able to check into the house we were staying at until 4pm so after eating some yummy fish tacos at The Smiling Fish we went to a family friend's house to hang out.  Here we are enjoying the nice ocean breeze!  We even got to meet Mike Huckabee's super sweet wife.  They have a new grandbaby too so we had lots of fun stories to share. 


At 4:00 we headed to the place we called home for the next week. 


We had a wonderful time just hanging out and relaxing!  William wore his beach pajamas and did lots of cuddling with us every morning. :)


Two peas in a pod

A great way to wake up every morning!
William loved his Aunt Ashley!  This was the first time they had met and I think it was love at first sight for William.  He loved listening to Ashley sing to him. 

Mom and Dad got some much needed sun while baby boy relaxed under the umbrella!  The ocean breeze is SO nice....William slept like a baby while he was out there. 


I can't wait to get in that water next year!

Hanging out while Mommy drinks some coffee
Tuesday night, after Aunt Emily got into town, we all went to dinner in Seaside.  I had some yummy mac 'n cheese with shrimp and Gordon had the catch of the day.  I must say I love my breast feeding diet. :) 
Great Southern in Seaside
Wednesday night Ashley and Brandon put on a fish fry for everyone.  William wore his fishy outfit for the occasion!  Everything was delicious.  One of the best parts about the beach is hanging out with everyone in the evening.  It's even more fun with little William!!!
Sleeping in my swing

Gordon helping Brandon out

Thank you Mimi and Grandad for the great vacation!
I insisted on a few family photos of course.  :) 



July 19th, WJG's 3 month birthday


I loved watching all the little kids playing on the beach this year.  It's so fun to think about all the things we will get to do with William in the future.  It's crazy that a tiny little baby can make you feel SO much joy.  Life is a little brighter with him in it.  I feel like my heart has tripled in size since April 19th....it's made me love deeper, appreciate more and after our NICU experience I think I'm a better nurse.  Gordon and I have so much to look forward to!  I can see sandcastles, shovels and boogie boards in our future.  We are so blessed to have him in our lives AND to have such a wonderful family.  We're already looking forward to next year! 

See you next year Rosemary Beach!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...