photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Saturday, May 10, 2014

Summer Reading

Summer is around the corner and my pale body couldn't be happier!  There is no better way to sun bathe than to have a good book in your hand (and an adult beverage in the other!).  Since our annual beach trip is right around the corner I decided I needed to start thinking about what book I'm going to read.

Before I had baby boy I read a lot!  It really is one of my favorite things to do....has been since I was a little girl.  In elementary school I loved The American Girl books.  That was followed by Goose Bumps and then Nancy Drew, yes, I'm a dork at heart.  Hopefully, once I'm done studying for the CPHON exam I can make some more time for one of my favorite hobbies! 


So, here are a few books on my Summer Reading List


1. love. love. love Emily Giffin (she and Jodi Picoult are 2 of my favorites at the moment).  This will be my beach book.  Her books are easy reads, funny and usually very relatable.  Love The One Your With is probably one of my favorites by E. Giffin.  I can't wait to upload her newest book to my Kindle!  Actually, I may just buy the real book.  There's something about turning the pages of a book while laying on the beach listening to the ocean that's so peaceful.  Heaven on Earth!


2. My mom says that Heaven is For Real is a must read.  It's about a little boy's trip to Heaven and back.  This will be right up my pedi-oncology-nursing alley!  I'm sure I'll cry my eyes out. 


3.  Eat That Cookie by Liz Jazwiec.  This is a book I wouldn't typically read, but I recently heard Liz speak at TCH and she's hilarious.  Why she's a nurse and not a stand up comic I don't know?!?!  Her book talks about creating a positive workforce during negative times.  Let's be honest folks....who couldn't use a little extra positivity!  Doesn't matter if you're a nurse, stay at home mom, or attorney.  Everyone can use a little extra sunshine in their day. 


4. Mary Higgins Clark and I go way back.  When I'd read all the children's mystery books that had been published back in the 90s I moved up to MHC.  I'm always happy to see a new book with her name written across the front.  Again, easy read and a little mystery to them!  I love wanting to read a book faster and faster to see what's going to happen. 
  
5. Divergent.  I love reading a book and then seeing the movie.  It just doesn't work out the other way around.  When this hit theaters I did some googling.  Sounds like it has a bit of a love story and has been compared to The Hunger Games.  I'm sold.  The Hunger Games and The Twilight books are my favorites.  Again, yes, I'm a nerd.




As you can see I don't take my reading very seriously.  Reading is my me time, my "down time".  I don't want to be depressed or have to think too hard.  :)  I want to laugh and be taken into the story. 


What's on your summer reading list?  I'd love more book suggestions!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...