photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Not In College Anymore

....and thank goodness for that because I hate test taking!!  In October 2006 I took the CPHON exam (certified pediatric hematology oncology nurse exam) for the first time.  This should have been my last time but like a dummy I let my certification expire in 2010.  I was so busy planning our wedding and buying our first home that it just wasn't on the top of my priority list.  So, a year ago I decided I'd give the test another go.  Things have changed a little bit from 2006.  Husband, toddler, a job at a different hospital and 10 years out of college....it was definitely challenging to get back into "study mode" a month ago when I started preparing for the exam!   
Yesterday was the big day!  I dropped William off at daycare, grabbed a cup of coffee at Starbucks and headed downtown to take the CPHON exam.  185 questions and 100 minutes later I was thrilled to see PASS pop up on the screen.  YIPPEEE!!  I will not be letting this one expire because test taking is for the birds.
Back in 2006 I was a single gal living in Midtown.  I celebrated that night at my one of my favorite restaurants, Ibiza, with a college guy friend (at the time Gordon was just a college memory that hadn't reappeared in my life).  Now nearly 8 years later I celebrated with my guys at home and then had a celebratory drink with one of my favorite co-workers out here in the burbs! 
I'm so happy to have passed and to have the test behind me.  Now I can focus on enjoying SUMMERTIME with lots of pool time, trips to the lake, reading and catching up on blogging!


Up next....our annual trip to Rosemary Beach!!  Here are the links to two of our past trips to 30A.
{RB1}{RB2}{RB3}



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...