photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Finally Football!

Football season is finally here!  And that folks, makes me HAPPY!  Two weeks ago we headed to West Texas to visit my family and our old stompin' ground.  The crazy West Texas weather really messed up the outfits I had picked for the weekend.  I planned on wearing a white sleeveless top but ended up wearing a long sleeve denim shirt with my dad's NorthFace.  When the game started it was 55 degrees out and cloudy.  Oh well.  That's what I get for being such a planner.

I can't really explain the feelings I have when I visit Lubbock.....excitement, regret, happiness...all in one!  I would say I regret a few of the decisions I made while I was in college.  I wish I'd been a little smarter.  I should've held onto a few of the guys I blew off and vice-versa.  BUT, if I had been smarter I know for a fact, I wouldn't have Gordon and William.  Gordon and I have so many fun memories at Tech.  Most years we end up sitting right below where we sat our first game together back in 2000.  It's fun to reminiscence and talk about the "what ifs".  We both agree we made the right decision to wait to date until after college.  Regardless, it's fun to talk/think about.


  • Listening to some live music with Uncle D and Aunt Skye
  • Safety First!!  He loves playing with the maltese puppies.
  • Sunday Funday with his GG and Pop.
  • Our little Red Raider family at Gardski's 
  • Horse ride at Cagle's
  • Sorority sister, roomie, and best friend!
  • Enjoying a Flirtini at Cafe J's 
  • The love of my life!  Wreck 'Em
  • Crazy baby on a plane.
The weekend before our Tech visit was rough.  So, it was a breath of fresh air to be in the LBK.  We ate at some of my favorite places, we had lots of "us" time and we loved every minute of the cool weather.  

Win or Lose I love my Red Raiders.  Some of my favorite friends from college are coaching at Tech now.  I have so much respect for Kliff and will cheer him on as long as he's around......I will always cheer on Tech....and we will of course teach William about that too.   :)    



 post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...