photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Friday, August 21, 2015

33 weeks pregnant with #2

Week 33 has definitely been one of the hardest so far!  I'm so happy to have made it farther along than I did with William. :)  With that being said, I really feel like my body wants to have this baby, but thankfully with all the medical interventions it can't.  Good for baby, really uncomfortable for mama.  

How far along? 33 weeks (Augusts 7th-August 13th)  
Weight gain:  Haven't gained any weight in past 4 week.  (up a total of 25 lbs)
Energy: Finally getting over my cold and stomach bug!  Not sleeping very well at night but I've been taking advantage of nap time on my days off work.        
Best moment this week: I really thought baby girl was coming Sunday night.  I was pretty mad.  haha.  Her staying put made me happy.  :)  
Movement:  Same.  When I'm laying down I feel some really weird things due to the cerclage.  I wish I could record the things I feel.  Pretty bizarre!
Food cravings:  Still don't have much of an appetite.  I'm the hungriest in the morning but have to make myself eat dinner.  I've been loving marshmallows and snocones!!!  William and I love a good coconut snocone.        
Anything making you queasy or sick: Nope      
Miss anything?  Not having to pee after drinking a sip of water.  LOL.  
Stretch Marks?  Luckily, NO!  I'm not very good about moisturizing the belly.  I don't really think that makes a difference in whether or not you get stretch marks.....but I always feel better when I do lotion the big belly up!  
Wedding rings on or off? On but they are tighter this week.
Happy or Moody? I don't think moody is the right word.  Just feeling uneasy and worried.   
Other pregnancy symptoms:  On Sunday night I started having painful contractions at 9pm.  They lasted until 3am.  The contractions weren't very regular and came about every 15 minutes.  I stayed up until 1am to see what was happening.  They continued to wake me up until 3am.  The next morning, while waiting for the doctor to call me back, I got our hospital stuff packed up, bottles/pumping parts washed and sterilized and instructions for William all written out.  I'd been having period like cramping for several days but nothing like these contractions.  This definitely brought back a lot of laboring memories.  Can't say I'm looking forward to all that pain again.  hahaha      
From the doctor:  I saw Dr. Zepeta on Monday.  A test was done to see if labor was coming (FFN).  Luckily, this came back negative!  Baby girl's head is still right over the birth canal.  She is low and ready to come out.  Apparently the 2 stitches are super strong!  My doctor officially wrote a note for my work stating I had to be on "light duty" for the next 4 weeks.  This means, when at work, I can only be up on my feet for one hour/day.  
To be on the safe side, I got 2 steroid shots (one on Monday and one on Tuesday) to help develop baby girl's lungs in case she decided to come early.  Having to see William be intubated was so sad.  Watching your baby struggle to breath and then to have to watch multiple people attempt intubation unsuccessfully was no fun.  Thankfully, an anesthesiologist was finally able to get William intubated.  I was more than willing to get these 2 shots to prevent breathing problems!  The first shot hurt SO bad.  I left the hospital limping and was so sore the next day.  Gordon said the nurse really stabbed me with the needle.  :/  Luckily, the next days shot was 100% better!  Over the next several days I had side effects from all the steroids I'd received (those 2 shots plus my progesterone on Saturday).  I would randomly be on FIRE!  I'd be so hot, red and sweaty.  I am so happy to have this week behind me!!!   

William and I did these pictures on the self timer! :)    



Baby is the size of a Pineapple
At the hospital getting shot #1/2.  William kinda liked our time there.  He got to eat some Cheetos and watch a show!  By the time I got the shot it was so late in the day (aka traffic).  So, we headed to Rice Village so Daddy could walk through a job site and we could eat dinner before making our way back to the burbs.    


Shot #2/2.  William pointed out the window and said, "Mama, look!  It's my home."  Not so much honey.  Thankfully, this little guy is a trooper in rush hour traffic!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...