photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Monday, January 14, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday + Weekends

With the holidays behind us, we are finally starting to get back into the swing of things.  It's crazy how quickly William's schedule gets messed up when he's not getting up early in the morning and going to school while we work.  He started sleeping in later (not a bad thing) and staying up a little later.  We finally got back on track....and then baby boy got a cold!  NO fun.  :( 
 
The weekend before last we had an early dinner at our favorite Mexican food place with the Wilsons.  Afterwards, we came back to our house and watched a little football while the kids played.  They were so cute in their PJs.  The next day we went to church and lounged around. 
 
Here's a little update on William's new year's resolution....
Until January 1st William had been waking up around 2am and I was still nursing him.  He would wake up screaming....a hungry cry.  Well, I started noticing that it wasn't such a mad cry anymore (more of I'm awake cry) so I figured I'd see what he'd do if I didn't feed him....I was pleasantly surprised.....he did great.  I just put a paci in his mouth and back to sleep he went.  So, he's still waking up but usually going right back to sleep.  One night he did cry for an hour.  I tried the "cry it out" thing but after 40 minutes went in and put a paci in his mouth.  That worked for a few minutes and then he was back at it again.  After another 30+ minutes I gave in and picked him up and rocked him.  I had to work the next day and was TIRED.  I also figured if he stayed up all night crying he would just end up sleeping all day at daycare?!?  The two nights following that he slept through the night!  Now he has a cold so he's waking up every hour from his coughing, sneezing and yucky nose.  Poor little guy.  But, at least we are making positive progress.  I'm sure people think I'm crazy for still doing a night time feeding with a nearly 9 months old.  And to that I say, I think our situation is different than most.  Gordon and I had a newborn baby for 4 months.  That's a long time to get no smiling, no cooing and be doing constant feedings.  At 4 months William only weighed 10.5 lbs.  Some babies are born that big and most weigh that by 2 months.  In the end, it will all work out!  One day we will have a baby that sleeps through the night.  Really, all that matters is that the three of us have survived...and happily at that. :)  
 



Wonderful Wednesday!  The litte guy and I had a pretty uneventful Wednesday last week.  It has been rainy and gross outside lately so we just stayed home all day.  I organized one of the kitchen cabinets that we keep all of our spices in.  After that I did some organizing/rearranging in the laundry room and last but not least Gordon's closet.  I got lots of laundry done, made salmon for dinner and was even able to take a morning nap with William. 
How funny is the picture of William in the bathtub!?!?!  He cracks me up!  I think he was starting to not feel good on Wednesday because he was a bit clingy to mommy....or maybe it's just a stage.  I hear separation anxiety is around the corner.
 
Playing with my remote control!
We had another calm weekend here at the house.  Lots of cleaning, movie watching and book reading.  We did get out and meet the Zitos for some yummy pizza at Collina's on Saturday night.  Their little girl is precious!  I can't wait until William can play with her. 
This weekend we have something super fun planned so I'm hoping William starts feeling better soon!!! 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...