photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Rodeo Weekend


This past weekend we made our yearly trip to Reliant for the Houston Rodeo!  Since our nanny is out of commission right now we decided to just bring baby W along with us.  We went grocery shopping Friday night so we wouldn't feel so rushed on Saturday.  William was definitely ready for some rodeo fun.  He had his outfit on and to really get into Rodeo mode we played with his barnyard friends from his nana before heading out (the pig is his favorite).  I can't wait to put him in cowboy boots next year!   
 

I know I've said it a million times.....I'll say it again....William really is the best baby.  He did so good at the rodeo.  Everyone sitting around us was amazed.  They kept asking if he was always so good.  He just sat in our lap and watched all the action.  We even caught him clapping his hands along with everyone else!  He was mesmerized by the fireworks before the concert started.  It got pretty loud once the concert started (and we'd been there for over 2 hours already) so we walked around the concession area and did a little dancing.  We left a little early so we could beat the traffic and we wanted to grab some dinner before heading home.  We had some yummy mexican food at Spanish Village and then went home to put baby boy to bed. 
Rodeo this year was definitely different than years past but Gordon and I both agreed we had so much fun.  It was so fun watching William!  You could tell he was amazed by it all.  The next day I swear he "talked" about it the entire day.  On Thursday he started saying dadadadbabbaba!  And, it is non stop.  When he woke up Sunday morning he was in constant babble. 


Sunday was our 6 year "anniversary" so our rodeo weekend was the perfect way to celebrate.  It really does seem like just yesterday that Gordon came back into my life.  The past 6 years have been jam packed with happy and fun times.  I can't even imagine how great the next 6 years will be!  
We went to church on Sunday, had a burger at the park and went on a walk at Memorial.  I'm so happy to have more sun time at the end of the day!!!! 
I'm so glad we went to church on Sunday because the sermon was great and made me think of my family.  I'll be honest....I don't have the most functional extended family (which makes me appreciate Gordon's calm, easy going nature even more).  Father Walsh, who married us, talked about forgiveness and resolution.  Both of my parents come from big families.  With so many people you have many different personalities and opinions.  Life is too short to hold a grudge, to not get over something and move on with your life.  I wish everyone could understand the way I do.  Right now I know two children, under the age of 6, that will die too young.  They will be taken from their parents much too soon because of cancer.  Therefore, I will never understand not forgiving.  I will never understand wasting a single day on silly things that stand in the way of happiness.  We are all different.  We all have different opinions and some of us are more sensitive and emotional than others.  It doesn't make one person right, wrong, better or worse.  Just different.  I may be young but I've been cheated on, picked on and made fun of.  And, ALL of those things have made me stronger.  I've forgiven those that cheated and lied.  To me, holding onto bad feelings means leaving less room for happiness and love in your heart.  And let's be honest, if I hadn't been cheated on would I have Gordon and William in my life?  I don't know.  I am grateful for every single good and bad thing that's happened over the course of my life because it's led me to where I am now.  So, I choose to surround myself with positive people that love me.  I pray that we can all forgive each other because nobody is perfect.  I pray that we can trust in God and not live life worried or sad.  God has a plan for all of us.  Sometimes it's not what we had planned but in the end we will see why He's chosen that path for us.  So, this week forgive someone!  Find resolution and make peace in your life because it's too short to be anything but happy, happy, happy!

He was happy after church too!
"And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."  - Mark 11:25

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...