photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, January 1, 2015

New Years Eve

The years seem to just fly right by.  I'm always a little sad to have another year pass but excited about what's to come!  Since we've had William I've really wanted time to slow down.  But alas, NYE came again.....and we had a fabulous day!  Gordon and I both worked half a day which meant William went to school for a little while.  I didn't even think about getting a babysitter this year.  Staying home sounded too nice!  Gordon and I did sneak in a hour long date at Top Golf.  :)  After our quick date we picked up William and went shopping at Whole Food and then baby boy got a much needed hair cut.  The rest of the day was spent at home playing, cooking and just relaxing.  Emily and Grant even stopped by to play for a little bit.
{Picking up stuff for dinner at Whole Food}  {Yummy "muchi" at Top Golf....this stuff was delicious}  {Big boy haircut}  {Dinner date with my favorite guy!  Salmon, Crab cake and Scallops!}  {Such a cute little bottle}  {Cheers}

After putting William to bed, Gordon and I had the best night watching Cutthroat Kitchen and drinking Champagne on the couch.  It was the perfect way to end 2014.  

Here's a quick recap of 2014.....

January- getting settled into our new home, made a trip to Texarkana
February- celebrated my 32nd birthday in Breckenridge
March- made a trip to West Texas where we had family pictures taken
April- had the best train party for William's 2nd birthday
May- 4th trip to Rosemary Beach
June- William became a little fish this summer.  He loved time at the pool....especially the JW Marriott
July- went to Summer Mummers in Midland over 4th of July weekend and found out we were expecting baby #2
August- William spent a week in Texarkana, we saw baby's heartbeat for the first time and we made a trip to the San Antonio Wildlife Safari
September- we visited a new lake over Labor Day, lost our angel baby, went to a Tech football game and celebrated our 4th anniversary
October- we made another trip to Texarkana, my parents visited us, we gained a niece making us aunt/uncle/cousin and William was "hotdog" for Halloween!
November- my sweet grandpa passed away, William's first Texans football game and Thanksgiving in Texarkana
December-  ICE! at the Gaylord and Christmas in Midland

I'm not one to make "new years resolutions"....I'm a pretty regimented person.  I like structure and routine so I usually feel like there's not much I want to change.  BUT....this year I do have a few things on my list!
  • Get back into a workout routine.  I've been really bad the past 6 months?!!?  Losing the 5 pounds I gained during my 9 week pregnancy and then miscarriage would be awesome.  Actually, just toning up would be nice!
  • Go to church every week.  With all the traveling we do this gets tough but I'm making it a priority.  Even if it means church on Wednesday evening!
  • Eating more organic foods which means more trips to Whole Food.  Yes, it cost more but I've decided it's important for our health (more on that later maybe).
  • The end of 2014 was heartbreaking.  Staying positive and grateful for my family and our health!
I really can't believe that my "baby" is gone.  He is growing up so fast and is such a little boy now!  We can't wait to see what this year has in store for us.  With this crazy kid around I can guarantee it will be filled with lots of laughter!

CHEERS!!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...