photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A Room For A Big Boy

In my last post I mentioned that we had moved William to a big boy room.  I wish I could say it's been an easy transition, but it hasn't.  It could definitely be worse so I can't complain much!

Here's a picture of William's room before.  I've always loved everything about his room.  I was a little sad to see it go.


And here is the new and improved BIG boy room.  I'm in love!




The crib, rocking chair, white pouf and one of the paintings moved out of his room.  We added the bed (from Restoration Hardware), the green table/chairs for reading/coloring, camo teepee, elephant sheets from Pottery Barn (similar), the orange giraffe painting from Doodles and this deer head just needs to be hung.  The elephant and Every Day I Love You signs are by Sugarboo Design.  William's big boy room turned out better than we could have hoped.  And most importantly, William loves his new room!

So, about the big transition.  The first few nights William did awesome.  We put him to bed the way we always had.  No problems.  On the 4th night he started getting out of bed a few minutes after we left the room.  I have always tried hard to not start habits that I can't or don't want to keep up with.  With that being said, I've given into laying down with him after reading his bedtime book.  Once he's really drowsy I can sneak away.  When William was in his crib he would wake up every few nights crying in the middle of the night.  Majority of the time he'd put himself back to sleep.  He'd turn his music machine on and not make another peep.  Well, not now.  He's figured out that he can just get on out of the bed and come find us....at 3am!  Some nights William does great and we don't hear a peep from him.  Other nights, the little guy sneaks all the way down the stairs and into our room.  I think part of the problem is the "little kid being afraid of things" starting to kick in.  Some nights he'll tell me he's scared because there's a dinosaur.  My favorite line is, "But, I wanna sleep in Mama's bed."  When he's desperate he'll even say he's not a big boy, he's a baby.  I guess he's hoping that will either get him moved to our room or back to his crib.  :)

Like I said, it could be much worse!  Hopefully he'll get more comfortable in his new environment and be doing better before baby #2 arrives.  We have 4 months to get this big boy thing down.  :)
If any of you mamas has a suggestion on how to keep a toddler in his bed let me know!  

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...