photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, September 20, 2012

5 months old

Another month has come and gone.  I just don't know where the time goes!!  There have been some big changes in the little man's life over the last 30 days.  William got to spend the last week in August with his mimi!  Gordon's mom (Mimi) came to Houston and spent the week with us and babysat William during the day.  He definitely stole her heart.  I've been around a lot of babies in my time (working in daycares and a church nursery all through college) and William is by far the best baby I've ever been around!  He is so laid back, sweet and just plain good.  We really got lucky in the baby department.  :)  The weekend after Mimi watched him we headed to the lake to meet my family.  After our fun labor day weekend William started daycare!  He's done great so far and the teachers really seem to love him.  The first 2 weeks he was always exhausted when he got home, but I think he's starting to adjust because this week he's not been nearly as tired.  Here are some pictures from our monthly photo shoot (which by the way he doesn't always love....he'll be smiling and laughing but as soon as the camera comes out he puts his serious face on.). 
 


 
5 month stats:
Weight
- I think about 11.5 pounds
Eating- 4 oz every 2-4 hours.  He eats every 2 hours when I'm home with him & every 3-4 at daycare. 
Sleeping- Most nights he sleeps 9 hours!  We usually have him in bed by 8:00 these days and 80% of the time he sleeps until 6 am.  He will randomly wake up crying in the middle of the night...I just put his paci in his mouth and he puts himself back to sleep.  I pick him up at daycare between 5-5:30, we are home by 6:00, he eats around 6:30, gets a bath, gets lotioned up and dressed, eats again and falls asleep.  I still put him in the swaddle blanket but there have been a few nights I didn't and he still seemed to sleep well.  His naptimes are getting a little more predictable.  Most days he takes an hour long nap in the morning and a two hour nap around 2:30.  He takes little cat naps here and there but is pretty alert and awake these days!
Development-  He's started reaching for things and recognizes me when I pick him up from school!  People still make comments about how small he is.  They can't believe he is so alert and can hold his head up so well for "such a small baby"....and then I tell them how old he is and that he was born early.  I feel like a broken record some days! 
Things mommy loves-  Listening to him talk is still the best!I LOVE my Wednesdays off with him. There's nothing better than cuddling with my boys.    
Things WJG loves- He likes to have a blanket on him in the car.  He grabs onto it like his life depends on it :).  He's always chewing on something and is constantly blowing bubbles.  He really gets a kick out of his "friends" on the playmat and loves laying in his crib watching his mobile. 
Things WJG doesn't like-  We've had a couple of days where he's cried when we put him in the bath tub.  Haven't figured out what that's about?!?  He rarely cries when we get him out of the tub and are getting him dressed (woohoo!).  He's still not a huge fan of tummy time.  Really, there isn't much that upsets this baby. 
 
Happiest Baby On The Block :)

Are we done with these pictures yet?

I'm gonna roll over now...because I hate this tummy stuff!

 
We have lots of fun stuff coming up over the next month!  My babyshower in Texarkana got canceled back in April since I was on bed rest so we are having a "sip and see" this weekend!  I'm so excited to have everyone meet the little guy.  My dad had to have an unexpected surgery this past week so my parents won't be able to make it to Texarkana for the party.  I really wanted to be there for my dad's surgery but it was so last minute that my mom insisted I stay in Houston....SO....I'm going to fly to Midland next weekend.  William has never been to West Texas so I'm super happy we get to make this trip.  He'll finally get to meet his great grandpa Hattenbach and hopefully my aunt Phyllis and a few other family friends.  An added bonus...it's my church's annual fair that weekend!  I guess I'm a dork for being excited about going to the St. Ann's Fair for the first time in 10 years. 

Cheers to fall fun!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...