photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Life made easy....well easier

The day I registered at Baby's R Us I cried!  I know I know that's silly....but it's the truth.  I felt so overwhelmed with all the stuff!  What did we need?  What didn't we need?  What was safest?  What bottle would my baby like?  Would he take a paci?  Would I be able to breast feed?  System overload.  I'm sure the pregnancy hormones played a part in this too.  :)  I've posted some pictures below of the things we've REALLY used and loved.  Most of these things we didn't even have until after William was born.  I am SO Type A.  I love being organized and ready to go.  That all went out the window when I was put on bed rest.  No cleaning out closets or getting the nursery organized.  As a matter of fact the closets are still a mess!  Oh well, time with my baby is more important.  The weekend before I had William I cried because I just didn't feel ready and my mommy intuition told me he was coming out soon (eventhough nobody really believed me).  Gordon said he'd go get whatever we needed.  So, off he went to Baby's R Us to get diaper cream, a swaddle blanket and bath soap!  Poor guy.  That last month was rough. 

Nap Nanny = life saver:  There were some nights when we first brought William home that he would only sleep in this (or my arms).  I've tried really hard to not co-sleep.  I know it works for some moms but it terrifies me.  We still put him in his nap nanny while we eat dinner, do dishes etc.  We take it with us everywhere!  The lake, the beach, Texarkana....I found a nap nanny case on Amazon that you can zip the nap nanny up in so it can be checked as luggage.   


NoseFrida:  This is a nasal aspirator that you can buy at most baby boutiques (I got ours at Right Start in Rice Village).  I heard they even have them at some Targets now.  William's nose was so small when he came home that the normal bulb suctions didn't work for us until recently.  This little contraption is quick and easy.  He hates having his nose cleaned but I feel like this really gets everything out and then we are done.  It's also really easy to clean.


I know this isn't a baby product but man has this iPad has been great during late night feedings.  It keeps me busy and more importantly helps me stay awake!!


Restoration Hardware Baby Bassinet:  This bassinet was the first thing I bought when I found out I was pregnant.  A few people told me I was silly for spending so much on something that wouldn't be used much but it has been worth every penny!  It has wheels so I can roll it into other rooms.  In the mornings, after I feed William, I roll the bassinet into the bathroom so I can finish getting ready.  He loves to lay there and watch me or his little fishy music machine. This is still where William sleeps every night.  Once he starts rolling over/moving more and sleeping through the night more regularly we'll move him to his crib.   


Tommee Tipee Monitor and It'z Been:
The TT monitor has a sensor pad that William sleeps on.  I didn't think I wanted one of these but after having him in the NICU on monitors that constantly told me if he was breathing or not I knew I needed one (for my piece of mind).  It also tells us what the temperature in the room is and can be used as a regular monitor.  It really makes me feel better and helps me sleep at night.  It has gone off a few times.  A few of the times have been false alarms but a couple of them I had to give him a little shake before he took a big breath. 
The It'z Been is like a stop watch.  It has 4 different buttons that can be reset at any time.  I have loved having this!!  The first couple of months at home with William are a blur.  Time just runs all together.  Pump, feed, change, sleep, rock, change, pump, feed.....This helped me know when I'd last pumped, changed or fed him.  I still use it at night to keep track of how long he's slept and when he last ate.  Infants (0-8 weeks) should really never sleep through the night without eating...much less a preemie that weighs less than 5 lbs.  So, I would wake William up if he hadn't eaten in the last 4 hours.  This handy dandy little gadget was a life saver for me and it only cost $20!
The basket is from Thirty-One.  We have three bags from there.  We use this one in our room for his diapers, wipes, and cream.  We also have a bag in the living room with the same stuff plus his nail clippers, lotion, hand sanitizer and a few toys.  The 3rd bag we use as his daycare bag.  Gotta love a monogrammed Thirty-One bag and you can't have enough baby changing stations.  :)


Wubba Nub:  Love them all!  William will only take this type of paci (the green one).  It's what they used in the NICU so it's what he likes.  Thankfully, the Wubba Nub has the green paci on the end!  W really only uses his paci in the car or before he falls asleep.  He can grab onto the little animal to help keep it in his mouth.  Whoever invented this is a genius (and a millionaire by now)!


Bath seat:  I think I saw something about this seat being recalled....regardless, we have loved it!  I think some parents misuse these baby contraptions!  Newborn babies are like little bars of soap.  So slippery!  The seat helped both me and Gordon feel more comfortable about not dropping the little guy. 

First Year Sterilizers:  I used this constantly while we were in the NICU and now have it in our bathroom so I can clean the pumping equipment.  I sterilize the bottles in the kitchen (in a pot on the stove) but have loved having this upstairs.  Gotta keep things clean for the little guy!  Our bottle warmer is made by the same company and has been great as well.



Tommee Tippee bib:  These are the best bibs ever!  The fabric is thick and absorbent and they have a thick band around the neck to help catch stuff.  We have about a million of these. 
Look at that cute little face. He squints his right eye when he smiles just like I do.  :)


Playmat:  He has really gotten into the playmat over the last month.  He loves to lay under there and talk to his toys!  The mirror really helps make tummy time a little happier.  If you have a multi level house like we do having two of these wouldn't hurt!


I definitely couldn't live without my breast pump and hands free nursing bra!  Such a life saver for me and the little guy since he didn't start breast feeding until he was 2 months old.  I have the Medela pump and have no complaints.  I buy whatever milk storage bags are on sale.  They're all the same to me.  I started dumping the milk I pumped at work and anything William didn't eat when I was home because we ran out of room in the freezers.  I felt sad about it but Gordon assured me he couldn't fit anything else in there.  So, down the drain it all went.  Until last week....I am now feeding triplets.  LOL.  A distant family member that lives in Austin just had twins and isn't producing enough milk so I am giving her my milk....or maybe it's William's milk?!?!?  We mailed her about 500 ounces of frozen milk the other day on dry ice!  WOW!  I had been looking into donating it to TCH when she contacted me.  I'm so glad to be able to help those little babies out.  So, no more dumping milk for me.  We are going to keep the milk storage bag people in business!    

Up next....our trip to PK!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...