photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Wonderful Wednesday + Dinner

I've been bad about doing my weekly "Wonderful Wednesday" post.  :(  To be honest our days off are jam packed with chores and to do lists.  I'm hoping things slow down a little bit so we get back to our lazy days off together.


Yesterday I got to meet my friend Anna's baby boy.  Talk about getting baby fever!  He was just the cutest thing and so tiny.  It's hard to believe W was 3 lbs smaller than him.  You really do forget how little bitty they are.  William went to daycare for a few hours while I visited Anna.  It's good for him to play with his friends and get some energy out.  I also figured my little snotty nose baby didn't need to be around precious little Jon Bradley.
 
That afternoon I picked up a few things from Pottery Barn and W and I went to the grocery store.  We did lots of playing when we got home and practiced reading from our "First Words" book.  We are proud to say that William can say banana and deer (I'm sure his papa is thrilled that one of his first words was deer....typical Hattenbach/Gooding)!!!


For dinner we had my version of taco salad.  Growing up my mom would mix ground meat with ranch style beans and put it over lettuce for taco salad night.  It was always one of my favorites!  Here's my version....



What you'll need:

Ground turkey or beef
Taco Seasoning
Black Beans
Chopped Green Chiles
Red Enchilada Sauce (comes in mild, medium and hot)
Jiffy Corn Bread (milk and 1 egg)
Shredded Cheese
Lettuce
Catalina Dressing and/or Salsa

Instructions:
  • Make the jiffy cornbread as instructed on the box.  After mixing and spraying the pan with PAM I spread the corn bread mixture over the bottom of a pan.  It barely covers the bottom but as you can see in the picture below it works out great.  I cook the cornbreat at 400 degrees for 12 minutes.
  • Brown ground turkey/beef until cooked. 
  • Drain. 
  • Mix in taco seasoning.
  • After draining black beans add to meat along with green chilis and 3/4 of enchilada sauce (you can add more or less depending on how juicy you want it). 


Once your cornbread is ready spread the meat mixture on top and then add as much shredded cheese on top as you want!
Put back in the over at 350 until the cheese is melted.
You can eat this yumminess over lettuce or just by itself.  I like to put some catalina dressing on mine but salsa is also yummy.  If you want a lower carb option you don't have to eat the cornbread.  :)  It's a win win for everyone!



It's quick, easy, pretty healthy, tastes yummy and makes great leftovers.  Can't beat that!
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...