photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

24 weeks pregnant

How far along? 24 weeks (June 5- June 11)      
Best moment this week: Getting lots of alone time with Gordon, seeing William after 4 days apart and getting a look at baby girl on the big screen.  :)    
Food cravings: Nothing special.  The mac 'n cheese at Jonathan's Rub on date night was extra delicious.  OH and....I'm always craving something sweet after I eat.  
Anything making you queasy or sick: I did feel kinda yucky a few mornings in a row.  
Wedding rings on or off? On
Happy or Moody? Happy to see my little buddy but really tired from all the traveling!!  I flew home from Midland on Sunday evening and then drove to Austin Thursday afternoon to meet my mom and William.  We visited with some family in Austin and then drove back Friday morning.    
Other pregnancy symptoms:  Crazy dreams.  I'm sure most of this was due to being nervous about being away from William.  Trusting someone else to care for your child is one of the hardest things I've ever done.      
From the doctor:  I've completed a month (4 injections) of progesterone.  I saw my maternal fetal medicine doctor on Monday.  Basically, he does an entire anatomy scan at every visit.  He makes sure baby girl is growing appropriately, he checks on my placenta, the umbilical cord etc.  We tried to get a good picture of her face/profile but she was right under my belly button so there was a shadow across her face and she kept turning away from us.  She is not cooperative.  Her head was up and feet down.  This probably explains some of the weird feelings I'm having against that stitch.  Based on all her measurements she is in the 43% and weighs about 1lb 8oz.  Of all the measurements, her head was the smallest.  It only measured 2 days behind but this is a huge difference from her big brother. :)   
William at 12 weeks
Anna Grace at 12 weeks
 Here are a few pictures from the appointment.  The top picture proves that she is indeed still a girl.  The bottom picture shows my "funny" (bicornuate) uterus.  On the left side of the picture, by the RT, you see a white sticking looking thing.  That is some part of baby girl (I think her leg).  She is in the right side of my uterus.  Then you see more white in the middle of the picture followed by LEFT.  The white in the middle of the picture is the separation in my uterus.  This is what makes my uterus "funny".  Most people don't have this separation, they just have a big open space.  Yes, I did have uterine surgery to help this separation......we knew it didn't get rid of it....who knows how much it helped and/or how much more room she has in there versus what William had?!?!  Between the surgery, the cerclage and the weekly progesterone shots hopefully she'll stay put longer than he did. :)  If we can avoid the NICU we will be ecstatic.     


Baby is the size of an ear of corn


I'm really trying to soak everything up this pregnancy.  It's hard to believe we are already half way there.  When I lay in bed at night and feel her move around I try to engrave every kick and jab into my memory.  Pregnancy can feel like forever but in actuality it's such a short time in our life....and with my history, you never know when it's going to come to an end.  When William was born early I remember laying in the hospital bed at night holding my belly, like I did when he was inside of me, wishing he was still there instead of upstairs in a NICU incubator.  So, although pregnancy can have some yuck days, I'm trying to stay positive and grateful!
  
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...