photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Monday, December 17, 2012

Hugging Our Sweet Baby Boy Tight

There's truly nothing better than being able to love on your baby.  I've always known I wanted to be a mother and knew I'd love my children to pieces.  I had no idea just how much my heart would grow and how much I'd adore our child.  I guess that's why the Connecticut shootings have been so upsetting for me.  I cried off and on Friday night, I cried in the car while we ran errands on Saturday....no sound, just tears rolling down my face.  Poor Gordon didn't know what to do so he just held my hand.  Not only will those families have a huge void in their life's FOREVER everyone else that was at the school will be haunted by nightmares and be afraid of a place that should hold happy memories.  The entire situation is beyond me.  My heart hurts.  I hurt for the way our world is now.  For the things William will have to face in his life time.  I don't believe it's about gun control because crazy people will always find a way.  I really think these "shooters" have severe mental health problems.  I truly believe it begins with the parents.  I pray that Gordon and I will always hold William accountable, that we will be his parents first and then his friend, that we will accept him for whoever/whatever he is....good and bad.  Not all children are perfect.  Not close...and that's okay.  I think some parents are afraid to admit when there is something wrong.  Children (and adults) with mental health problems deserve to be treated AND need to be treated.  It's not something that should be ignored.  There's been an article floating around Facebook written by a mom with a young teenager with some sort of mental disease.  Fortunately, she recognizes that her son is similar to the shooter in Connecticut.....and that he needs help. 
So, I'll continue to pray.  For the families, for our future, for our precious baby boy's safety.....


I am leaving you with a gift- peace of mind and heart.  And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give.  So don't be troubled or afraid.  John 14:27

This is my command- be strong and courageous!  Do not be afraid or discouraged.  For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...