photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Mommy Moments

As 2012 comes to an end I find myself so amazed at all the things I've learned this year!  It really has been an unforgettable year.  Here are some of my "mommy thoughts"...things I would've never thought of (or felt) before.
  • Cutting a 4 pound baby's nails is terrifying.  They are the tiniest things ever (and they grow so fast)! 
  • I'm obsessed with keeping William's nose clean.  Not good for me or him during this snotty cold season. 
  • Who'da thought putting makeup on in a normal mirror would become a luxury?!?!  Now it's a little powder, a swipe of mascara and some lip gloss on the way to work (and anywhere else). 
  • My new seat in the car is the backseat next to William.  It's just so much easier to buckle him up and just stay back there until G gets us to where we need to be! 
  • A sleeping baby is like a ticking time bomb....you just never know how long you have.  :)
  • My heart has never hurt worse than when William cries in pain.  Thankfully, this hasn't happened much.
  • Every little boy I see at the hospital is William.  I put myself in the parents shoes now more than I ever have before.  I thought my heart ached as much as it could over the past 8 years as a pediatric oncology nurse.  Becoming a mom turned it into a whole new ballgame. 
  • Having a store clerk say, "Oh no is He okay?" no longer alarms me....I now know to expect some sort of bodily fluid to be on me when I look down.  haha
  • I live in a sports bra and don't know if I'll ever go back!
  • My anxiety level triples before we leave for a trip.  Driving or flying.  I worry about how William will do and if I've packed everything.  4 flights and 5 roadtrips have gone GREAT...I need to stop freaking myself out! 
  • It still sounds funny to hear "Are you William's mom?"  It's music to my ears!
  • I've gone so long without a full night sleep that it doesn't even bother me anymore.  I'm the most tired in the mornings but overall pretty well adjusted.  Not in a million years did I think I'd be able to handle it so well. 
  • I still love my husband as much as I did the day we got married.  Yes, things are different...but better.  There's nothing better than watching him with William.  I crave alone time with him and really look forward to date nights.  Guess this is a good things since he'll still be around when our kids are grown and out of the house. 
Night out!


 Some older pics...




:
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...