photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Memorial Day

I was so happy to have Memorial Day here.  We were in desperate need of some down time.  Not only did I have a four day weekend but we had no plans.  Gordon had gone out of town the past three weekends so he was super ready for a chill weekend too. 
I started my holiday weekend off at Define on Friday morning.  I hadn't been to the full hour long class since February 2012 so I was a little nervous.  At one point I thought I was going to throw up.....yep, I'm that out of shape.  I survived and have fully recovered from the soreness.  haha.  After breakfast on Saturday we drove out to Katy to go swimming with the Wilsons.  Alison and I were hoping to get some sun but had no such luck.  At least the kids had fun splashing around. 
William had his first swim class on Sunday afternoon and loved every minute.  He did great floating on his back and didn't even cry when I dunked him.  The teacher said the most important thing between 0-2 years is teaching them to float and how to climb out of the pool.  I think once he's 2 we'll look into private lessons.  Eventhough we can't teach him a whole lot right now I think it's great to get him in the water on a regular basis so he's comfortable.  It's also great for him to see other children his age doing the same thing. 
After swim class we had a sitter come over so Gordon and I could go on a date.  We decided to go see Ironman 3 at Studio Movie Grill.  I used to think we needed to do something besides a movie so we could talk....maybe that will be the case when William is older....as of now we talk just as much as we did pre-baby.  I really wanted to see The Great Gatsby but I'm re-reading it and haven't finished it yet so maybe next week.  (p.s. I'm in love with the book.  I don't remember a single thing about it from high school.  I've been pleasantly surprised.)
We got lots of cleaning, baby food making, and laundry done of course but also spent lots of time outside grilling, walking at the park, watching Gordon hit golf balls, and going on wagon rides.  We are so lucky to live in this country and have our freedom.  We couldn't live this great life if it wasn't for those that serve!  THANK YOU!!!! 
Here we are last year!!  

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...