photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Friday, May 3, 2013

William's Birthday

I still can't believe we have a one year old moving around our house!  It really is amazing how much they change in 12 months.  William went from not being able to breath or eat on his own to a 17 pound crawling machine. 



At 6:21 am on William's first birthday I went in his room, got him out of his crib and brought him into our room so we could snuggle and sing Happy Birthday...just the three of us!!  After getting ready for the day the three of us headed to the donut shop.  Baby boy held onto a donut hole but as we expected spit it out when we tried to give him a taste (I wish I had the same reaction....unfortunately I had a dozen donut holes, a sprinkle donut and a kolache).  Gordon had to go to work after our breakfast date but baby boy and I had the day off so we headed to Memorial Park for a walk.  It was freezing!!  It has definitely been a much colder spring than we are used to in Houston.  Regardless of the cold, I loved being outdoors and getting some exercise.  William loved being all snuggled up for the walk. 
Unfortunely, things pretty much went downhill from here.  William and I ran back by the house so I could pump before going to pick up my mom for lunch.  While we were home I let Gus out to potty.  BIG mistake.  Out of the corner of his eye he spotted our neighbors dog about 50 yards away and ATTACKED!  I was screaming and running after him with William.  Long story short....I end up tackling Gus to the ground (all while holding William) and begging our neighbor to hurry and take her poor dog inside.  Thankfully, the other dog wasn't hurt.  I, on the other hand, was an emotional wreck and shaking like a leaf.  I felt like I had just put William in danger.  :(  Needless to say, this situation did not help Gus' case.  He lost all sympathy from me after that.
After the terrible dog incident we headed to the hotel to pick up my mom.  From there we headed to meet one of her high school friends for lunch at The Cheesecake Factory.  Target and Babies R Us are right next to the The Cheesecake Factory so we were able to grab some last minute groceries for the birthday party and new car seats before heading home so I could get ready for Grant and Emily's rehearsal dinner.
Before heading to the church my parents, Gordon and I gave William a cupcake and sang Happy Birthday one last time.  He got to go to dinner with my parents that night where he apparently stole every woman's heart in the restaurant!  I was sad to not be there for bath time and a goodnight birthday kiss.  Hopefully I won't have to miss one again (well, until he moves out of our house or insists on staying the night with a friend on his birthday night.  sighhh).  Regardless of where I was and where he was...I am so grateful that I had the day off with him, that he's home with us every night and not in the hospital like this time last year.  :) 


  • Singing happy birthday with a yummy cupcake (that he of course wouldn't eat)!!
  • Mommy and baby up early with daddy and Gus
  • Thanks Ms. Melissa for my birthday balloon and cups!  (he loves his teacher Ms. Melissa!)
  • Donuts, a new birthday tradition!
  • Daddy, baby and Gus
  • Love my little family :)
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...