photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

2 months old!!

.....HOW did this happen?  It seems like just yesterday I was sitting in William's room rocking in the glider (while on bed rest) daydreaming about his arrival.  I wondered when he'd make his arrival, if we'd be so lucky to bring a healthy baby home, what he'd be like....AND NOW he's here and 2 months old.  We love him more than we could have ever imagined.  It's official...I'm a crazy mom who LOVES, loves, loves her baby. 
So, what did we do on his 2 month birthday?  We started our day off really early since he had his 2 month well baby check up.  He had to get 3 shots today.  YIKES.  NOT fun.  Poor baby cried his eyes out and mommy nearly did too.  I did keep it together :) he's been through a lot worse but I sure did hate seeing him hurt.  After the doctor appointment we headed up to visit my work friends and then went home to eat lunch with daddy.  At 2:00 William woke up screaming!  I think his little legs were hurting and he felt warm.  I gave him some Tylenol and then we cuddled up together on the couch.  When he woke up to eat at 3:00 we were having a crazy loud thunder storm.  That night after his bath he was so tired that he only ate 20cc of his bottle.  I think the doctors office wore him out!

2 month stats:

Weight- 6lb 15oz (0.09%)  He's gained 3 pounds since he was born!! Such a big boy.
Height- 20.25 inches (0.14%)
Eating- 90-100 cc every 3 hours. 
            The past few days he's eaten at 9am, Noon, 3pm, 5pm, 7pm, 9pm, 1am, 5am
Development-  He's holding his head up for longer periods of time and even lifts his chest for a bit when he's doing tummy time.
"They" say he can now see about 12 inches away and prefers things that are colorful.  I'm hoping he starts to coo and smile soon!  I know he's going to be a little behind since he's a preemie....Dr. Spinner said to not get discouraged.  So, we'll just keep talking to this sweet boy until he talks back! :)
Things mommy loves- When Gordon leaves for work (or for anything else) he always says LOVE Y'ALL.  Two little words that melt my heart.  I just love that he says y'all now!!!  I obviously love giving William lots of kisses and will always remember and cherish bath time.  Gordon and I bathe him together and William absolutely loves every minute of bath time.  He always looks so peaceful and sweet!



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...