photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

First Road Trip for William

This past weekend we went on our first road trip with little William to the Big D for my cousin Amy's wedding.  I was a little anxious about how he would do in the car for that long and if I'd remember to pack everything we'd need.  Let me just tell you our car was loaded down with baby gear and daddy gear.  Gordon brought his golf clubs and his gun in case he went shooting.  I brought my breast pump (haha) and we brought the Peg stroller, pack 'n play, nap nanny, boppy, and monitor for baby boy.  YIKES!  William did EXCELLENT on the drive there and back.  We only had to stop one time (each way) to feed and change him.

First time out of Houston!
The cousin that got married is my aunt Wendy's (mom's sister) daughter so we got to see most of my mom's family over the weekend!  We were so excited for my grandpa to meet William.  Grandpa Pete has been talking about me having his first great-grandbaby for YEARS. 

We got into Dallas around 8pm and unpacked everything before heading down to a little restaurant outside of the Crescent hotel.  It was nice to sit outside and have a little date night with my hubby while William slept peacefully in the stroller (have I mentioned he's a really good baby).  That night William got to meet his Grandpa Pete, Grandma Sandy, aunt Wendy and his cousins Amy and Claire.

Saturday morning we had breakfast with my parents, brother and sister in law.  Afterwards, Gordon went shooting with my dad while my mom, Sandy and I walked around doing some window shopping.  My mom arranged for a babysitter to come stay with William during the wedding.  It was the first time for me to leave William with someone besides Gordon or my mom.....I was a little nervous but everything turned out great.  The sitter was a sweet old lady that seemed to really enjoy William.  We had a good time at the wedding and loved getting to see family!! 
Nebraska cousins Jenna & Davis


Hanging out while the boys were shooting

It's wedding time!

Mommy and Daddy

Such a sweet little face


Cousin Ross


Sunday, June 10th, was my due date!  I still can't believe I should have just had William and he's nearly 2 months old!!  Since I had him I've felt kinda sad that I wasn't pregnant with him for longer.  My pregnancy just flew by.  I'm happy that his due date has come and gone....now I'll stop getting emails from What To Expect When Your Expecting telling me what's happening in the 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, and 40th week of pregnancy!  haha 

Saying bye to my aunt and uncle

June 10th
Saying goodbye to my family is always hard.  Luckily, we'll see my parents again at the end of June when they come to Houston to babysit William while Gordon and I go to the Coldplay concert!  We're hoping Dustin and Skye get to come back to Houston in August for William's baptism.  If not we'll see them Labor Day weekend at the lake!!  We have lots of fun stuff planned over the next few months.  Life couldn't be better!


Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I love that last picture of William sleeping - ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...