photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter Part 1

Well, as always things have been crazy busy around here!  Luckily, we had a long weekend to get a little R&R time in.  Since William got an ear infection he had been doing really bad at night.  Having a four day weekend really helped this mommy!  Before we left town on Thursday I was able to get ALL our normal weekend chores done.  I finished the laundry, washed our sheets, went grocery shopping, made baby food, vacuumed the house, went on a walk with W after we had lunch with Gordon, and I packed us all up for Easter weekend in Texarkana.  Coming home to a clean house is so much nicer (especially when you have to go back to work the next day). 
William did great on the drive....he just slept!  Friday morning we lounged around and showed his mimi all his new tricks (ex: standing up like a big boy).  We had some yummy catfish for lunch before heading to see the Easter Bunny at the mall.  To be honest, the bunny was pretty scary looking.  Luckily, William wasn't upset...he wasn't happy either.  He just kinda sat there like mom pick me up.  That night Gordon and I had a little date night.  We went to see Olympus Has Fallen and then met some friends for a cocktail.  We hadn't been to a movie since December!  I think that's the longest we've ever gone.  The movie was pretty good.  I will say that I'm hyper-emotional since I had William.  I cry about everything.  Fiction and Non-Fiction.  Every little boy is William.  Every family is us.  Every soldier in the movie I could see as my baby boy when he's all grown up.  Yep, I'm crazy.  Regardless of my craziness, it was great to get out with G!   
We had a super relaxing day on Saturday.  We slept until 8:00, took a couple of naps and went on a walk.  Gordon watched William while I napped in the morning and that afternoon he golfed and William and I napped together. :)  Naps are heaven!  That evening we all went to an engagement party.  William got to meet lots of people and we ate some yummy BBQ.  Gordon's parents put William to bed that night so we could met up with some of Gordon's buddies and their wives.  We had so much fun visiting with everyone.  It's so nice to talk to other mommies and Gordon had fun playing poker and catching up with the guys. 
 
Pictures from left to right (top to bottom): 
  • Easter presents for William's friends at school (read below on how to make)
  • Mommy and baby after one of our walks
  • Emily and Me at JK's engagement party
  • He loves to stand up!
  • Napping with Daddy
  • Hanging out with Mimi at the party
  • Watching the rain
  • Baby boy is ready for Easter!
William gave all his friends a light up chick and their parents some yummy chocolate pretzels.  The pretzels are so easy to make and super cute!  All you need are pretzels, hershey kisses, and M&Ms.  I like to use the Snyder square butter pretzels.  This time I used the kisses with white chocolate in them and peanut butter M&Ms.  You can also use rolos in the middle!  I line a baking sheet with foil, spread out the pretzels, put a kiss on top and pop them in the oven at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes.  Once the chocolate is soft (but not melted) take them out of the oven and smooch a M&M on top.  Yep, that's all you have to do!!  At Halloween I used a candy corn on top.  You really can't beat the sweet and salt combo.   
 

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...