photo LH_homenav_zps66f4cc73.png photo LH_aboutnav_zps8a64874e.png photo LH_favoritesnav_zpsc786ae69.png photo LH_navend_zps3fc35a7a.png

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Pumpkin Bread

A few years ago I discovered a yummy pumpkin bread recipe that people are constantly asking me for.  So, I thought I'd share it with you!!  Gordon loves anything with pumpkin so this is definitely a hit in our home.  This past Thanksgiving I made William's friends and teachers pumpkin bread in these cute little dishes from Michael's.  You can see the Thanksgiving post here.  In the past I've just baked the bread in disposable pans, wrapped them in cute fall fabric and tied a bow around it for our neighbors and friends.  Either way it's delicious!!
I know it seems weird to talk about Thanksgiving now but let's be honest....it will be here before we know it so you might as well start planning.  :) 



Pumpkin Bread Recipe:

3 cups sugar
1 cup oil
4 eggs
16 oz pumpkin
2/3 cup water
3 1/2 cups flour
2 ts baking soda
2 ts salt
1 ts baking powder
1 ts nutmeg
1 ts allspice
1 ts cinnamon
1/2 ts ground cloves

-Mix sugar and oil.  Add eggs and pumpkin.  Mix well.  Add dry ingredients and water.
-Pour into well greased loaf pan
-Bake at 300 degrees for 1-1 1/2 hours (or until toothpick comes out clean)

*I don't always have allspice and ground cloves....when I don't I use a pumpkin spice mixture I found at Krogers. 
*If you're going to bake smaller portions like I did in the pictures above only plan to bake your pumpkin bread for 45-60 minutes (kinda depends on how full the pan is!). 

Our little pumpkin!!!





Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...